Thursday, September 1, 2011

Catching up

So its SEPTEMBER!! Yikes, where did summer go. I really think I need to consider living somewhere that summer lasts more than 2 months!

In a perfect world, I would be on a beach in Hawaii soaking in the warm sun and splashing in the ocean waters 365 days a year. That would be my paradise. However, James hates the isolation of being on an island and would much prefer a day in the mountains than a day on the beach, so for now we are planting roots here.

Speaking of planting roots.

We've been busy busy busy. Ok, I'm lying, James has been a busy boy.

11 pallets of sod, I think I ended up helping lay maybe one, and the other 10 were all on him. He was exhausted, but we are super happy to finally have something other than dirt and rocks for the boys to play with. (That being said, they still chose to play in a dirt pile, but they at least had options!)


Today half of my trees arrive, including not one but two apple trees!! Poor James will be trading his sod knife for a shovel this weekend. What a trooper.

What else have we been up to?

We've been putting out fires

Growing Teeth

Losing Teeth

Digging

Creating art

Playing
Going until we drop


and just trying to suck up those last few moments of summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment