Monday, September 5, 2011

PSA: A Dishwasher Alert

For years I have been suffering in silence. I truly felt I was alone. But after several revealing conversations with other moms it would seem I was wrong. And so today, gentlemen, it is you that I am speaking to. Today, I'm blowing the lid off this thing.


This fellows, is my kitchen. It comes equipped with the standard equipment.


I'm sure you recognize the fridge, I know my husband has established a certain level of intimacy with this particular piece of equipment. Its where food comes from (and in some cases, such as mine, it comes with an amazing capacity to replenish itself automatically at least once a week...or perhaps that's another post). Marvellous isn't it?

yikes...please excuse the finger prints, good lord!
This is the microwave. Again, I'm sure no surprises here. Its the primary reheating tool in our house. I think James would say this is his only tool for cooking.

Perhaps some of you are also proficient with the stove, and oven. I won't go into detail.


This is the sink. It is a purveyor of water. It helps with filling pots, rinsing items, washing hands, and, on occasion, is useful for hand-washing large dishes or hard to clean cooking residue.


But this, THIS is the dishwasher. It revolutionized the 1970's homemakers world. It is extremely efficient at cleaning dishes, glasses, sometimes I even throw in toys or other 'washable' items. It has numerous functions, cycles, fancy stuff I've never used. It in essence serves to replace the need for hand-washing dishes.  Wikipedia has a tonne of information about the history and mechanics of dishwashers. It is truly a wonder of modern science. The only thing it doesn't do, is load the dishes itself.

So tell me then, dear husbands of the world, why is it that you still insist on placing your dirty dishes directly above the dishwasher, in that obsolete sink?

I mean, seriously James, its right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment