Friday, August 5, 2011

Boys: n. Noise with Dirt on it

I am a stay-at-home mom. My soul duty is to maintain the house and keep the kids alive.

So far I'm doing swell at the second half.

My house is a disaster. At any given moment in time there are numerous catastrophe's in progress. I don't seem to be able to address one area before another has exploded, and in truth I don't think my boys are as busy as some. They are just dirty. I feel like I am trapped in a vicious cycle of destroy -> clean -> destroy.

Take, for example, my utterly disgusting kitchen chairs. Ultra suede, because the sales person told us it was great for cleaning (HA!). They are actually quite useful as an appetite suppressant. After a certain point the staining became so repugnant that I just gave up and resigned myself to the fact that the chairs would need to be recovered. I actually have to apologize to house guests for their condition. People should consider bringing a seat cover if they visit...

I think I've made my point.

Anyways, I decided to give it one more kick at the can and used my good friend baking soda to try and get rid of the stains. Baking soda and a Norwex cloth actually. And beyond all reasoning it actually worked! I was so proud of my newly stain free chairs that I took pictures, I made James come and look (He even humoured me and faked some enthusiasm, what a good husband). I was SO PROUD of myself.

Check them out.

Before:

Sadly, this was the cleanest of the four
After:

Oooo, Not too bad

Until that same evening when C spilled his apple juice all over one, and K dumped bits of his sandwich all over another.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment