Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Moment with K

Ever wonder what its like to be in the mind of a four-year-old? Sometimes I wonder how things seem from K's perspective. We try to be pretty logical in how we talk to him, explaining why we're doing something or why he shouldn't do something. Today at lunch, he gave me a little insight into his thoughts, and I have to say, he's an imaginative little guy. He started into this crazy story, so I grabbed a marker, and together we wrote down his tale. The story describes what K says happened to him as a baby:


"A bad chameleon came to put me on the choo-choo train cage. I got locked in. Then he took me to cat land. They gave me cat food, I didn't like it. AND I didn't know what to do! I couldn't do anything! They did not have toys for me!!
They went around the block, and they pushed me in the head, and it pulled my hair.
Then, I was asleep in the freight car. The cage did not have a door, and no keys, and I wondered what to do...so I growed up."


"Did you ever get away from them?"


"NO! I'm still there, There are no doors!!"


Yeah, there you have it. He told me that story with conviction, and emotion. Perhaps I have a future writer on my hands? I think sometimes I forget how little K still is, because C's there and so little in comparison I expect to much from my firstborn. Getting a glimpse into his little mind helped me realise how far he's come (and how VERY far he has to go). What a goof. It made me laugh, hopefully makes you laugh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment