Thursday, January 28, 2010

Attempting Haircuts: Proceed with Caution


This morning I cut C's hair. I always did K's hair, and did a decent job, until this year that is, when his baby hair made way to thicker, coarser hair. On Christmas Eve I attempted a haircut on him. Three "hacks" in and I realised that the game had changed. I was in no way qualified to do that job. Thank goodness Melonhead's was open. We did an emergency trip to the hairdresser and she thankfully was able to mend the mess I'd made. C's hair is still in that fine, baby hair mode. I did take him to Melondheads for his first real cut but with the amount he moves they weren't able to do a great job anyways.

So today I did it myself. Usually I just use scissors, but this time I decided to go for it and used a proper trimmer for the back. The problem is, he's so blonde that when you cut it short he looks bald. So now I fear I've gone too far and he's wound up with a military style shave, bald on the sides, short on the top. Oh dear.

To make matters worse, I keep finding little patches that aren't quite right, so I'm chasing him around the house like a mad women, trimmer in hand as he cries, "done done mommy". Poor kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment