Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Still my Baby

Well, my last post was on a not-so-good day. But since then, its been much better. No Mommy tantrums since then!

We had a busy weekend and successfully made over K's bedroom. When we first did his nursery we painted beige horizontal stripes of varying widths on the wall. It took forever, but looked great. We swore we'd never paint because it really was a tonne of work. But, four years later the walls were full of marks and dents, and it was time. It was definatly a bitter sweet moment, sanding down the stripes, putting up new paint. It was fresh and clean, I LOVE NEW PAINT, but it also felt a bit like I was admitting my baby was a baby no more. He loved his new "Thomas" room, but I'll admit its still a little hard to get used to.


I think we'll do C's room next. I'm thinking a soft green on top, and the same chocolate on the bottom, no border. James is in a hockey tourney this weekend, so we'll see how ambitious I am, and I guess how well the kids are behaving.

One of the big contributors to our bad days is that K, even though he's four, still naps. I hear of kids cutting their naps at 2, but its certainly not the case here. Particularly on school days, he's a mess by the time 4pm rolls around. We'll usually try to keep him up, feed him supper, throw him if the tub and lights out by 7pm. The problem with that is he's usually up at 5:30am the next morning ready to go.

Today was a good day. We had a rough start, C was up too early and was "crabby cakes" until he passed out for a nap at 11am. Despite that,the boys played nicely together all morning. They built trains, ate hungeets, held hands, play fought, it was sweet. K had school this afternoon, and promptly passed out on the couch when he got home.


Today was a good day.  Those "angelic" moments, watching them sleep, really helps make up for those other moments when they aren't so "angelic".  Its these moments that I take and breath and remember that as big as he may be, he really is still my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment