Thursday, July 14, 2011

100 Things You May (or May Not) Know About Me

1. I've never done a 'meme' before, thought this might be fun
2. I'm still in my pjs and it's 10:37am.
3. That might sound like fun, but it's actually because I've been chasing battling children all morning
4. I am terrified of spiders...or really all things creepy crawly
5. I once took a quick nap outside on a sunny day and woke up to find a beetle had crawled in my ear
6. It was traumatizing and I don't really want to get into it
7. I am a natural blonde... insert blonde joke here
8. I've always wanted to color my hair, but never have because of the constant "why would you color hair like that, people 'dye' for hair like that"
9. This is going to take awhile
10. I married my high school sweetheart
11. My parents were also high school sweethearts
12. My paternal grandparents were also high school sweethearts
13. My daughter is named after both my maternal (Lillian), and paternal (Rose) grandmothers
14. I thought it was a sweet gesture even though when I told my grandma Lil that if I ever had a girl she'd be named Lily, my grandma's response was "why would you saddle her with a name like that?"
15. I've had the name picked out since I was 16
16. My (now) husband knew I had our kids names picked out and still stuck around
17. I have bought, lived in, and sold 4 homes in the past 7 years.
18. When James told me we have 2 more moves left in us I agreed
19. One to the nursing  home and one to the grave
20. Oh my God I'm only on number 20...
21. I spend most of my days yelling one syllable words, "Hey!" "Stop!" "ARG!"
22. I can admit that before having children, I actually uttered the phrase, "We have dogs, it's kind of like having kids"
23. To which my father responded, "Oh yeah? Would you give your dogs your eyes?"
24. Thought that was a pretty fair point
25. I'm right-handed
26. I use my hands a LOT when I talk
27. Even when I'm on the phone
28. I'm still sporting 15 pounds of pregnancy weight
29. I refuse to invest in any nice clothing until its gone
30. Most of what's in my closet is still maternity clothes, which by the way are my favorite since I don't have any body image issues whilst pregnant
31. I sometimes consider getting pregnant just for the clothing opportunities
32. I'm only half joking
33. I can actually hear my mother's eyes rolling from here
34. I was a great art student growing up- loved sketching in particular
35. I probably should have gone to school for something art related
36. I got my marketing degree instead because I thought that I would be able to have a more lucrative career
37. Instead I stay at home and do "arts and crafts" as James calls them
38. I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom
39. I have all the respect in the world for working mothers too, I just wanted to be at home
40. Unless you are obviously abusing your children I do in no way judge you or think that I am a better mom than you
41. The older I get, the more granola I become
42. I had midwives for my second and third baby and I use a baby wrap
43. I'm becoming more cynical about 'mainstream' medicine
44. I think that makes me sound like a hippie
45. I am allergic to a plethora of food items
46. I make most of what I eat
47. I love cheese
48. I love milk
49. I love dairy in general
50. I'm halfway through. . .suppose I could just change the title of the post to 50 things. . .
51. I use . . . far too often when I write
52. I studied grammar in university, its not that I don't understand the rules, it's that I choose to break them
53. I was a good student
54. If I could go back in time I would tell my student self not to take everything so seriously
55. I would also tell myself some useful financial information, like winning lotto numbers, to set myself up
56. I often daydream about time travel
57. I recognize how totally geeky that is
58. I enjoyed the movie 'The Butterfly Effect'
59. I'm a bit of a movie nerd
60. My first real job was a Blockbuster Video
61. Now that I have kids I know more about the latest Disney movies and Dora than I do about current events and pop culture
62. This year I officially became a soccer mom
63. I'm still coping with that
64. I am currently mini van shopping
65. Even typing that makes my nostrils flare in disgust. Bleh, mini-vans. The final step to admitting you are no longer even in the same area code as cool
66. I am turning 30 this year
67. I am surprisingly ok with this fact. I think I'm going to enjoy my thirties
68. I am learning to love myself and care a lot less what other people think of me
69. I think I have a pretty good heart
70. When I die, the one quality I would want people to have seen in me is that I was kind
71. My mother and my Grandma Lil are huge role models to me, both as mothers and as people
72. Holy crap this is long, I'm thinking that this 'meme' may not be as fun as I first thought
73. My house is perpetually messy
74. I am (no-so-secretly) envious of all the other moms who seem to have it so together
75. Most days I feel like I'm swinging by the seat of my pants
76. My husband likes to make up expressions, he says weird stuff like "fart in a hand-basket" which makes zero sense and cracks me up
77. Ok, so that one wasn't really about me, but I still think its funny
78. He told me once that if I was on "The Big Bang Theory" I'd be Sheldon
79. Sadly I didn't disagree
80. I snort when I laugh
81. My favorite toy when I was a kid was a stuffed lamb named (wait for it) "Lamby"
82. In Grade 2 we had a parade at school where we brought our stuffies. I told another kid it was named Lamby. The kid said, "Oh, is it a rabbit?" I remember even then thinking that kid was dumb.
83. I recognize that's mean and I'm sorry
84. Seriously though, why would I name a rabbit, Lamby? Really.
85. I love to swim
86. I wish I did it more often
87. My dream is to own a home with an indoor swimming pool
88. I think bacon and chocolate would go wonderfully together
89. I like my bacon so crunchy its nearly burnt
90. I like nap time a little bit too much
91. Whew, only 10 more. I am short
92. I sometimes forget how short I really am because my husband is also short (sorry babe)
93. I am a klutz
94. I stub my baby toe on a weekly, sometimes daily basis
95. I really don't seem to have any awareness of where my feet are in relation to my body
96. I have passed this onto Colson who constantly walks into/trips over random things
97. I lose keys
98. So much so that I am not allowed to hold onto our keys when I'm out with James, I will lose them
99. I've wasted so much time on this that Lily is already up from her nap and I didn't even get a shower
100. I'm DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment