Sunday, July 10, 2011

If I could put it in a pill

I remember as a kid listening to adults saying, "If I could find a way to put all that energy into a pill, I'd be rich". Har har har. I used to think it was so lame.

However.

Now that I'm a mom, I look at those kids and totally get the joke. K in particular drives me bananas. He is up at the crack of dawn and goes non-stop until he collapses at the end of the day. He's so inquisitive, which I think is great, but the constant "Mom, why do they call cowboys COWboys, and not HORSEboys?" "Mom, is my tooth going to fall out now?" "Mom, what do bees eat?" "Mom, when is my tooth going to fall out?" "Mom...MOM...MOM"

You get the point.

So what better way to burn off some extra energy than to go play soccer. Ah yes, 4 five year olds running back and forth, back and forth, back and forth across a giant field.


With, of course the occasional (ie every 3 minutes) water break. Yes, that will definitely burn off some excess energy.

Unless you don't read the bottle carefully. Because even though you read the ingredients you didn't read the label well enough.


Caffeine.

Crap...

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear you. My babe can't talk yet, but those days are coming for me. They are so coming. :) And Why DO they call them COW boys and not HORSE boys? ;) Cute, Clever kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just you wait, the questions only get better from there!!! NOT!!! Although we as parents want to keep the lines of communication open so our children feel comfortable asking us even the somewhat uncomfortable questions, and that all starts with your response to " why are they called cowboys and not horseboys".

    ReplyDelete
  3. True enough, at least I can (fake-my-way) through most of his questions right now. Good advise though, always need to maintain perspective :)

    ReplyDelete