Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Letter Art: K's New Room

As most of you I'm sure have noted, my kids don't have the most common names. We wanted it that way, but it makes it very tricky to find all those lovely 'name based' artifacts that kids love. There will be no pencils, magnets, badges, or sippy cups with my boys names on them, so starting with K's nursery I have lovingly made them each a set of letters for their walls. K's were originally just painted and antiqued in brown and blue, but with a new room I decided to redo his letters. I LOVE making them. I've done some for friends and family and each of the kidlets (I'm thinking of starting to sell them...anyone interested?).

They are each painted, then decoupaged in coordinating papers, then distressed (either with paint or ink, or some combination thereof), and then sealed.

Here are K's, hanging in their new location over the closet. We originally had them at the entry to his room, but his new map wreath and shelf have bumped them over.



I'm still planning on refinishing his dresser, but with sick kidlets I haven't even had time to bring the drawers downstairs. Oh well, no rush. I'll share when its done (unless, of course, its an utter disaster, in which place I'll never speak of it again, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment